Thursday, November 21, 2013

Deals at Wal-Mart: My trip tonight

I went to Wal-mart tonight and got some great savings. I really needed printer paper so I got a package of Georgia-Pacific priced at $3.42->not my favorite price but I had a $.50/1 coupon.
I got 5 packages of Reach floss, I took another 5 coupons from my dentist office for $1/1 which made them all free since they're only $.97 each. I was almost out of paper clips so I grabbed a box of 100 for just $.67.
Here's where things get tricky. I was going to get the Tresemme but someone apparently beat me to that so I opted for the deal on Suave Professionals. There is a coupon that came out last weekend for buy 1 Shampoo get a conditioner for FREE (up to $5 value) from RP 11/17. Well, the shampoo was priced at $2.88 but I searched through my other store ads (k-mart, shopko, target, walgreens, lewis drug) to see if I could find this product at a lesser price because I knew I was going to buy it anyway. Well lucky me, I found it for just $1.99 at Shopko this week! So I PMed that and then was intended to get the conditioner for free.
Also found Suave lotion 3oz bottle, by all the other lotions, for just $.93. I had a coupon for $1.50/1 Suave lotions ETS from RP 11/17. This isn't trial or travel size so I was safe. Made $.57 on each bottle!


Well, I hadn't been to Wal-Mart in a while apparently because the cashier informed me that any time they have to type a coupon in, before they can deal with the payment a CSM has to approve the coupon being typed in. Of course I had to deal with this first hand. She scanned my coupon for the buy a shampoo get a conditioner for free and it automatically input the value of the shampoo instead of the conditioner, so she TYPED it in. It's not a bad thing, just more time consuming. 

Overall, everything worked out and I was even able to submit a $1.25 offer from Ibotta for purchasing the Suave shampoo. After coupons, PMing and Ibotta rebate I paid just $4.34 a savings of 78%. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment