Thursday, August 15, 2013

Why rain checks can be your best friend


Last week hyvee had the great Ziploc freezer bag sale, but by the time I got to the store, all my followers had snatched them up ;). So I spoke to a manager and got a rain check. This was on the 9th. I went back today and checked to see if there were any in stock yet and I could not find any slider bags except for Hefty brand. Did I give up though? Of course not, I went and found Micah and asked him which bags he thought would match the deal best. We both agreed that the Ziploc 20ct quart freezer would suffice. I had a few coupons and decided to just use them all because who knows the next time freezer bags will be on sale again.
Here's the breakdown. I bought 8 boxes. These cost $2.99 each. I used my rain check to change the value to just $.99 per box. I then used 2 coupons for $1/3 Ziploc bags and also 1 printable for $1/2. After the rain check and coupons I paid just $4.92 (before tax) for all 8 boxes, just $.61 for each box!!!
My total savings was $19 and 72%! And now I won't need freezer bags for a year. Yay :) The point of this post is to show you what great opportunities can await for you when you utilize your store and the fact that they do offer rain checks because, who knows, maybe you got a rain check and that Sunday a coupon got released making the product even cheaper than you had anticipated when the deal was actually happening.
Don't be afraid to ask, you got to have guts when it comes to saving money, you're doing it for your family, and for yourself, never back down if you have your sights on a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment