Thursday, December 12, 2013

You can find great deals at more stores than just Wal-Mart!

I just wanted to show everyone that Wal-Mart isn't the only place to get MM's (money makers). I went to Hy-Vee today, twice, and there were great deals there! The first time I had to get groceries, the second time I was back in town to visit a friend and thought I'd take her on an adventure. :)

Alright so this morning I purchased a bunch of things for FREE with coupons and all of these items will be going towards donation. I ended up making $1.63 purchasing all of these products with coupons from my binder, which went towards the rest of my basket total.

I went strictly to the LeMars Hy-Vee because I knew a lot of great sales were going on. They had the Tabasco Buffalo style sauces on sale for $.69. I had 7 coupons for $.75/1 which were tear pads I had taken quite some time ago from another location I cannot recall, and then 4 MQ from the paper for $.60/1. I made $0.06 buying all of them. The Campbell's slow cookers are once again marked down to $.79--$2 off normal price! I had a MQ for $1/1...5 of them. Made $1.05 buying all of them. Then the store had Gillette razors marked down to $2.89 (in-store special) and I had a coupon for $3/1 Gillette disposable. Sorry I bought them all! I made $.33 on those.Also, on the clearance were Skinny Girl sugar packet thingies marked down for $1 which I had a $1/1 MQ. I ended up saving a total of $33.37 on that grocery trip this afternoon and only spent $34.15 on 55 items.

Well, then I went again tonight just because 1. I was in town, 2. I wanted to cheer my friend up and 3. I knew what deals were available and I had a few more coupons at home that I would be able to use. So here's what I got.
8 more Campbell's slow cookers. $.79 each with the $1/1 coupons. I made $2.31 on those. There were 2 more packages of Gillette disposables for $2.89 with the $3/1 coupon again, made $.22 on those. There were a few more Skinny Girl sugar packets so I got those still $1 with my $1/1 coupon= FREE. I took advantage this time of the light bulb deal. Buy 1 get 9 FREE. Paid basically a dime for each bulb. There was some Gillette shaving cream/prep on clearance for $2 and I had a coupon for $2/1 shaving cream/prep =FREE. Then, I lost my lighter so I had to buy new ones, the package was $.99 for 2...no coupon. SAD!!!

With that break down can you guess how much I paid? Time's up! I spent a total of $0.70 for 25 items. That's like paying $0.03 per item. I didn't create this post to brag, well maybe a little :D, but I wanted to show everyone that you don't have to go to just the "big box" stores to get the great deals. They could be right under your nose at your local grocery store as well.

If you have any great deals, please share, it's fun to hear how "everyday people" can save money too!

No comments:

Post a Comment