Monday, October 28, 2013

Price Matching at Hy-Vee UPDATED



I didn't think it was actually possible to price match at Hy-Vee because when I tried it, quite some time ago, I was giving a lot of hassle about it, so I just figured Hy-Vee couldn't figure it out themselves. Well tonight, thanks to the motivation of one of my followers asking me about price matching, I have some new and exciting news to share with you all!

I called the LeMars Hy-Vee as well as the Sioux Center Hy-Vee and got two similar, yet different, responses. When I spoke with an employee of the LeMars Hy-Vee and asked about price matching, she informed me that you can price match to Fareway as long as you have the print ad with you. Of course the ad must be a current date sales ad and the items must match size, color, quantity etc. She said though that they only match Fareway. UPDATE: On my facebook page, LeMars Hy-Vee stated, "We are happy to match the ads of our local competitors and the ads of other area Hy-Vee stores! Just bring their ad with you. BTW, if the item happens to have a Fuel Saver reward associated with it, you'll get that too."
 Now when I called the Sioux Center Hy-Vee, I got a little giddy from this employee's response.

I asked the same question about price matching and was told that you can also price match at this location. What's exciting though is that they will not only price match Fareway, they will also match a Wal-Mart ad as well as other Hy-Vee store ads. I said as an example, if I were to get a hold of the Sioux Falls Hy-Vee ad, (which comes in the Argus Leader and their deals are usually Sunday-Tuesday) that I could bring that in to ad match and she said YES!!!

The point of this post is that if you were to go to Hy-Vee but only wanted one or two things from Fareway because they were on sale at a cheaper price, you could just make sure to circle those items in your ad, take it with you, and verify that all of the details are identical. (color, size, amount etc.)  I personally would like to try this just to see if it is as much of a hassle as it used to be, but I am guessing not because if the stores don't price match, that's business they're losing out on. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment